30th Anniversary Celebration Weekend!
Music, food, celebration, fun, fireworks!
July 12, 13, 14, 2013
There are two important 30th anniversaries being observed in Elmore in July - The anniversary of the formation of the Elmore Fire Department (1983), and the purchase of The Elmore Store by Warren and Kathy Miller (1983). The celebration of these events will take place on July 12th, 13th, and 14th and will include:
- The Elmore Store being open 24 hours for 3 days
- Special Deals
- Jupiter Farm Tour
- Join Us at Elmore School, Be a kid again and play. VT's only one room school house
- Milfoil Display
- Peace Pups Dog Sledding - Meet & Greet
- Elmore Mountain Farm soap on sale
- Elmore Mountain Bread on Sale Here
- Pleasant Valley Blueberry Tour
- Elmore Roots Tour
- Book Exchange
- Elmore's Randi - Dog Town Obedience Agility Demo
- Craft Sale at the town hall sponsored by Elmore Fire Department Auxilary
- Lots of local crafters
- Meet more local Elmore business people
- Elmore United Methodist Church- Doors always open!
- Guided hike up Elmore Mountain
- McKenzie hot dog cart - Free hot dogs!
- Chicken BBQ
As part of the festivities on the evening of Saturday July 13th North Star Fireworks will put on a spectacular show of fireworks over Lake Elmore. If you would like to contribute to this exciting event and help defray the cost of the fireworks, you can leave your donation at The Elmore Store or mail to:
PO Box 1
Lake Elmore, VT 05657
Warren, Kathy, and the Elmore Fire Department wish to thank everyone for all the years of support and being their friends.
WELCOME IN! (a song for The Elmore Store)
Jon Gailmor wrote a special anniversary song for Warren, Kathy, Kelly, and Abby.
Listen and follow along.
Celebrate!, an anniversary crossword puzzle
Jean O'Conor created an anniversary crossword puzzle to honor the Elmore Store and the Fire Department.
Solve it now!
Warren and Kathy in 2007
Early Summer Morning
Elmore Fire Department
Kathy Testifying Before US Congress
Senator Patrick Leahy with Kathy
The Fire Tower National Historic Lookout Registration Certificate