Land development in the Town of Elmore is controlled by two sets of regulations:
- The Elmore Zoning Bylaws
- The Elmore Sub-division Regulations
The Elmore Zoning Administrator is responsible for upholding these regulations, including:
- Assistance in filling out necessary applications
- Issuing permits for Permitted Uses
- Scheduling hearings before the Development Review Board for Conditional Uses and Subdivisions
- Maintaining proper records of all actions taken
Land Development is defined as:
- the division of a parcel into two or more parcels
- the construction, reconstruction, conversion, structural alteration, relocation or enlargement of any existing building or structure
- any mining, excavation, or landfill
- any change in use of any existing building or other structure land or extension of use of lands
The Town of Elmore is divided into six Zoning Districts, each with a distinct set of Dimensional and Development standards:
- Village District(VLG)
- Rural East District(RE)
- Rural West District(RW)
- Forest Reserve District(FR)
- Shoreland District(SHR)
- Flood Hazard Area Overlay(FLD)
Additionally, Elmore is home to numerous wetland areas that effect potential development.
It is the responsibility of the landowner or developer to ascertain whether or not a Zoning or Subdivision Permit is required for any particular project. It is advisable to contact the Zoning Administrator prior to the commencement of any project to see if a Permit is required. Violations of the Zoning or Subdivision Regulations subject the offender to fines and restoration of the property to pre-project status.
All necessary forms, as well as copies of the Zoning Bylaws and Subdivision Regulations can be downloaded from the forms page on this web site.